Remember Those Who Loss

Christmas is not merry to those who have a loss. Does it mean that you should not celebrate? You should take time and check in on those who have difficulty finding merry. While checking in on those, remember the ones whose loss may not be as recent. I assure you that they are not merry too. It doesn't matter if the loss is two days or twenty years. The holiday is a challenge for those who are missing a piece of themselves. 

Sometimes a loss can be so significant that the person never fully recovers. They can find it hard to gather the words to explain how they truly feel. They may be tired of people telling them to move on, although people may mean well. Sometimes the advice can be mean. 

Who are we to tell people how to grieve? Let's take a different approach and be there. Let's make sure they don't allow the grief to consume them. Please encourage them to try new things, remember the good times, and start new traditions to remember their loved ones. You never know what grief looks like until you are wearing the garment.

If you are grieving today, I pray that you find a sense of peace and a moment of joy. I pray that today is better than yesterday and that tomorrow brings laughter. No matter how new or old your loss, I choose to remember you today. 

I see you, and I know that today is hard, but I am rooting for better days. I pray that you have a good day and that the time you spend with those who love you is memorable.  

Until next time, be resilient! 



Comments

Popular Posts